Jamestown Community College, a SUNY institution, is a comprehensive community college with degree granting campuses in Jamestown and Olean, New York. JCC is an innovative, open access institution that meets regional education needs by providing transfer degree programs, career programs, community service, developmental education, and training programs for business and industry. Guided by principles that emphasize student success and continuous improvement, JCC welcomes applications from qualified, enthusiastic candidates.
Jamestown Community College seeks to hire instructors to teach workforce and community education courses in the following areas:
- Shop Math
- Building Controls
- Electrical Fundamentals
- Industrial Electrical
- Motor Controls
- Intro to Robot Operations & Programming
- Digital Electronics & Sensors
- Fluid Power
- Blueprint Reading/GD&T, Metrology
- Blueprint Reading
- G&M Code
- Manual Machining
- CAD/CAM Programming
These are contractual, part-time positions ideal for professionals/retirees with an interest in sharing their knowledge and skills to prepare and train the current and future workforce in our service area.
- Teach courses/programs utilizing a combination of lecture and applied learning via hands-on activities.
- Work with workforce staff to develop outlines, lesson plans and learning assessments.
- Prepare, distribute and utilize instructional support materials, including supplementary materials for lecture and lab-based activities as appropriate.
- Identify proper tools and equipment required for labs as appropriate.
- Conduct appropriate assessment of individual student learning.
- Deliver content using a variety of methods to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Assists Workforce Development staff, as appropriate, in the maintenance of instructional materials and laboratory facilities.
Required: Five (5) years of industry/work experience in instructional area. The ability to demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in instructional area.
Preferred: Associate’s Degree and at least ten (10) years of experience in instructional area. Five (5) years at Journeyman Level or combination of experience and training. Experience with teaching adults and curriculum development. Experience teaching adult learners and flexibility in working with diverse groups. A basic understanding of Microsoft Office.
Salary: $35 - $45/hour.
Final candidates are subject to a pre-employment criminal background investigation.
Please note that Jamestown Community College does not sponsor H-1B Visas.
To be considered for this position, please complete the required online application and submit the following required documents, by clicking on the link below:
- Cover letter.
- Names and contact information for three professional references.
You will receive an acknowledgement email from the system for this position. If you do not receive this confirmation email within 15 minutes of applying, please check your junk/spam folder. You can also log back in to view your submitted application from the Applications list. Click on FAQs for more details and step-by-step instructions.
Important: Do not use autofill to complete your application.
Review of applications will commence immediately.
Please contact humanresources [at] mail.sunyjcc.edu with any questions or concerns.